Viread VS AZT

I am taking Combivir and Viramune for 2,5 years now, I have no side effect yet, as I am worried on AZT longterm effect my docter asked me to consider viread instead of AZT. Is this a good choice,or should I think, if it works don't try to fix it.Also I am worried about longterm use of Viread and the state of my bones. My VL in <50 and cd4 480. He is recomending it in a once a day dose with 300mg of 3TC(once a day) and 400mg of nevirapine(once a day) tnxs in advance

If a persons has tolerated AZT for 2.5 years without problems that usually predicts a low rate of problems in the future. Although the Viread can be dosed once a day with the 3TC (1/2 of Combivir) or FTC to make a once a day regimen I generally would stay with the AZT unless you wanted a once a day regimen. We have much better long-term safety data on AZT so few surprises have been reported after > 2.5 years of use. KH

Elevated Liver Enzymes
cd4 counts