arrhythmia causes: side effect of drug? anemia?

A close friend was diagnosed w/AIDS and MAC recently and I feel as if we aren't getting answers from doctors, though maybe this is because there isn't a definite answer.His latest symptom is arrythmia, and his doctors have said there is nothing to be done at present, because the arrhythmia is probably but not certainly caused by anemia from MAC. (His resting heart rate is about 130, and after walking a couple of blocks to the hospital, it's gone up to 170.) There's been no talk re. the possibility of whether this may be a side effect of AZT or any of the other drugs he's taking. I know you can't answer this definitely, but does it seem likely that this arrhythmia is due to the anemia from the MAC? Is there another OI that might be the cause that his doctors should check for? Should his doctors reconsider some of the drugs he's taking or think about changing his doses? Is there a drug his doctors should consider giving him for the arrhythmia? Sorry to be so vague, and thanks for any info you might be able to give.

Anemia and fever can both cause a fast heart rate. There is some concern that AZT may occasionally cause a cardiomyopathy and that protease inhibitors can very rarely cause a prolongation of the QT interval leading to arrythmias. Those are both much less likely that other causes. Most HIV specialists are pretty good at sorting that out. KH

Could I try Sustiva again?
Cold hands & feet with Neurontin