Could I try Sustiva again?

My first drug therapy of Sustiva & Combivir gave me a rash with in 7 to 10 days of starting. My Second drug therapy of Kaletra & Combivir gave a rash within 7 to 10 days of starting. Now my doctor wants to replace my combivir with Viread & Emtriva. I'm cool with that but he wants me to continue taking Kaletra. Because of my family history of heart disease I would like to try Sustiva again. Sustiva doesn't seem to raise the lipid levals like Kaletra does. Am I asking for to much? I would certainly appreciate your views on this matter.

I would make only one switch at a time in most situations like yours so that I could assess the likely cause of any side effects. If your switch to the Viread and Emtriva OK then you can consider a switch off Sustiva. More lipid friendly drugs might include atazanavir or nevirapine or Sustiva. Which option is best for you is highly individualized-you and your HIV specialist can best sort that out. KH

Sustiva and Wellbutrin interactions
arrhythmia causes: side effect of drug? anemia?