Mar 16, 2001
Could you please walk me through what changes in blood chemistry one would see in the progression of HIV? Do the wbc's climb during seroconversion, then drop off?How far into hiv would one begin to see a drop in wbc's?
| Response from Dr. Bartlett
The course of WBC's can vary from patient to patient. Usually WBC's are low from an early point in HIV infection; however, I would caution you that total WBC count is nowhere near as useful in following patients as a CD4 count or RNA level.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Blood In Urine After Anal Sex Bottom Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Insertive Anal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Sensual Massage Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Rash After Giving Oral Worried I Have HIV
- Sore On Tongue After Touching Dried Semen Worried I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.