Sustiva versus Viramume, which is the bigger Lipodystrophy contributor?

My doctor is considering switching me from Sustiva to Viramune due to an 11 body weight loss and difficulty sleeping. In addition he will be taking me off Kaletra to help with the gastrointestinal distress that I have been experiencing. I have heard that Viramune is a bigger cuplrit for causing fat loss in the legs and buttocks and increasing fat in the abdomen and back of the neck. Is this true?

My general impression is that Viramune may actually be less linked to fat loss/gain issues then Sustiva or Kaletra (also for blood lipid picture). Your HIV specialist would be the best person to interpret your past treatment history to decide whether a switch as you outlined is likely to still control your HIV while perhaps minimizing side effects. KH

Reyataz, Norvir and Lipoatrophy
viramune "sunburn"