A good combination?
Feb 4, 2004
Is Viread plus ddI plus Sustiva a good combination? I'm sensative to these three but resistant to AZT and 3TC. I take Viread, Sustiva, and Kaletra now with VL less than 50, but I am growing wary of the high triglycerides, cholesterol and now possible glucose intolerance. I was wondering if it would be wise for the substitution of ddI for Kaletra. Thanks. Terry
Response from Dr. Conway
This is a spectacularly good idea, I would say, for a number of reasons.
2. Because of the drug interaction between ddI and Viread, you can reduce the dose of ddI-EC to 250 mg/day and you no longer have to worry about taking the ddI in the fasted state.
3. The new regimen that you are proposing consists of 3 pills once a day. How much simpler can it get?
I would DEFINITELY go ahead.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Penis Could I Have AIDS
- Blood In Semen After Sex With Stripper Condom Broke Worried I Have HIV
- Burning Penis After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Chills After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Fatigue After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Fatigue After Oral Sex On A Woman What Are The Chances Of HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.