Wasting in Face and Buttox

My question is related to my facial wasting and the loss of muscle in the gluteus maximus.

I am 40 years old, 5ft 11in, 150lbs

Have been positive for 8 years started loosing quite a bit of weight 5 years ago. (From 165 to 145 in two years)

I currently have what is termed "severe facial wasting" and have lost a lot of muscle mass throughout the body in particular my bottom.

I am on Nevirapine and Kaletra for nine months now as part of a wasting study at Northwestern University (I stated this 10 months ago) but do not see any signicant difference and believe I am still wasting in the face.

As for the butt. I work our regularly (some cardio but mostly weights)and concentrate on the legs and gluts to no avail. (I have a hard time keeping my weight at 150)

Any suggestions?

Boy with the bony ass.

Response from Dr. Boyle

Unfortunately, this is an area where we don't have a lot of answers yet. There are studies underway, but to this point none has clearly shown that any treatment reverses lipoatrophy, other than perhaps getting off the most offending agents (i.e., stavudine mainly, but perhaps also zidovudine). There are some treatments for lipoatrophy, including New-Fill (which should be approved this year) and some surgical options, and you should ask your doctor to recommend additional options.

cd4 counts
Reyztaz blood sugar levels/side effects