glucose tolearnce or insulin resistance test

Hello!

I wonder if you can clarify something for me: I asked my doctor for an insulin resistance test and glucose tolerance test recommended to help determine the cause of my new found truncal obesity and addition of 7 inches to my waistline (despite reasonable diet and lots of walking).

He said that, if my glucose level was within normal (it is, high normal), there is no need to do the other tests. That doesn't make complete sense to me. Can you please clarify whether the insulin resistance and glucose tolerance tests are still warranted?

Also, assume either of these tests is positive, does that mean one takes a pill each day and the stomach starts shrinking (assuming good diet and continuing to walk a lot?). Will my stomach and waistline improve on meds for insulin or glucose problems? Many thanks.

Kind regards

Can you provide some more details about your HIV status and which HIV drugs you are on and family history of diabetes so that I can provide a better answer? KH

does smoking marijuana ?
Bone Loss