nausea and others

Hello, I am currently on Kaletra and Combivir. I have been on both for 3 months now and really hate it. My Tcells have went up and viral has went way down...but I just hate the way my body has felt on these meds. I seem to have nausea feeling a few times a day..have even had to run to the restroom in the local gym to throw up. I just feel down, I feel really tired at times like a little old man. Which of the meds to think is causing the nausea..I was thinking it was the katletra..but it may be because they are so big and ugly and I have to take so many...I think I am resis. to other meds..but I have to check which ones. What are your thoughts. Thanks so much

Response from Dr. Boyle

YOur nausea could be related to Kaletra or to the Retrovir (AZT) in the Combivir. You should try to control the nausea with medications and there are a number that are pretty effective including Prochlorperazine, metoclopramide and dronabinol. If these are not effective, and the problems persist, then you should consider a change of therapy, if that option exists.

Meds make me sick (and I'm not talking side effects)
Viracept Side Effects