Very excessive gas

I have been reading most all the questions relating to gas. I have had very excessive gas now for 14 months, I have done everything in conjunction with my doc, we are out of options, and I am so frustrated and it is, no has beeen affecting personal and professon life . I am 18 years HIV+, on combivir and viramune for 10 years now , never been sick, undect v-load and 850+tcel. Is there a true specialist out there that I can see other than the 5 GI doctors I have seen and each giving up and saying it's IBS. I believe theres got to be something to alieviate the problem mayhbe not correct it.... HELP PLEASE!!!!

You might also consider discussing that with a good nutritionist. I assume you don't have lactose intolerance and/or have tried Bean-X which helps some folks. Changing your HIV meds in a careful manner to see if they are in any any contributing is an option I have tried in several patients when their HIV situation would allow that. I have consulted Dr. Michael Levitt at the VA in Minneapolis who is know as a "gas" expert when I get stumped. KH

Memory loss
Diabetes and HIV