Jan 21, 2004
How does the CD4 count affect dental treatment. Are there any contraindications if the CD4 count is below a certain number? Or any precautions?
| Response from Dr. Henry
I have referred HIV+ patients for dental care across the entire spectrum of CD4 cell counts (from 0 to > 1000). I have not observed any CD4 count below which I would hesitate for a patient to get good dental care. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- How To Find A Doctor Who Treats Candidiasis?
- What Type Of Infection Is Thrush?
- When An Insect Bites Someone With Hiv Can It Be Transmitted To Another Person?
- Are Dentists At Risk For Hiv With Hiv Positive Patients?
- Low White Blood Cell Counting Hiv Person
- How Effective Is Nystatin For Thrush?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.