Jan 21, 2004
How does the CD4 count affect dental treatment. Are there any contraindications if the CD4 count is below a certain number? Or any precautions?
Response from Dr. Henry
I have referred HIV+ patients for dental care across the entire spectrum of CD4 cell counts (from 0 to > 1000). I have not observed any CD4 count below which I would hesitate for a patient to get good dental care. KH
the brittle nails question
- Too Scared To Get Tested After Anal Fisting
- Itchy Rash After Touching Dried Semen Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Red Spots After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- Vaginal Discharge After Giving Oral Sex What Are The Chances Of HIV
- White Bumps On Penis After Masturbation Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Kids If You Have An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.