Jan 18, 2004
I'm 26 years old HIV male. I heard from few of my collegagues that pharmaceutical companies are now using RU486 (abortion drug), and turning them into antivirals. Is that true?
Response from Dr. Henry
RU486 is not currently being used to treat HIV infection. I am not aware of any reason why it would be useful for the long term treatment of HIV infection. KH
uneven pupil dialation
Smoking and HAART
- When Do Shingles Stop Itching?
- What's The Difference Between Trichomoniasis And Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Does The Discharge From Chlamydia Look Like For Men?
- What Can Cause A False Positive Hpv Test?
- What Antibiotics Treat Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.