spontaneous coronary artery dissection in HIV + Pt.'s

Dr. Henry. Thanks you for your response regarding spontaneous coronary artery dissection in HIV + Pt.'s. I did find a link to spontaneous coronary artery dissection in early adult hood after having Kawasaki Disease in Ped. years (I thought that was only a motocycle). I am HIV+ as of 04/01/03. and have been on meds ever since. When I tested HIV+ my CD4 was 158 & VL was 36,000. I now have a spontaneous coronary artery dissection. The problem was found after I flipped my T's in lead II, III, AvF, V1 & V2, with elevated ST in a few leads as well. However, all are cardiac labs came back normal. The SCD was found on PCTI. They are now talking about putting in a stent. If you know of any Dr. doing research in this area please feel free to pass on my email address. I am a AHA Instructor-Trainer as well as an EMS educator and always willing to help with research.

Once again thanks for your help.

Syphilis and some of the auto-immune diseases (including Kawasaki's disease) can result in coronary artery dissection. Sometimes it is hard to know why a dissectio occurs. I will be alert to any association between coronary artery dissection and HIV disease. KH

Just started - nausea, nausea
immunocal side effect