Diarrhea from ARV

Dear Doctor, I was treated with AZT,3TC and Efavirnze for the reason of HPI for 1 month period. I have aproblems of diarrhea and loose stool and sometimes N/V before next dose of ARV. The questions are 1) What is the cause of my diarrhea 2) I would like to know about skin and nail change as hyperpigmentation after AZT treatment.

Many patients develop GI complaints for unclear reasons during their first weeks on ARV. AZT often causes stomach ache or other GI symptoms early. The skin/nail changes usually take a while to develop so unlikely to occur with just a month of therapy. In the rare occasion where that problem is observed quickly (I have seen it a couple of times) it generally slowly resolves once the meds are stopped. KH

I developed a rash from Sustiva, what's next?
brittle nails