Fatigue with low testosterone

I have recently noticed more fatigue, My viral load has been undectectable for 3 years and my CD4 has been dropping slowly(currently 180). I hear some opinions that the health of the immune system is judged more by viral load (lack of it) and another school of thought that indicates cD4 count is a better overall measure.

I have a total testosterone of 161...the normal range on the test indicates 241-827.

Considering my overall fatique should I consider testosterone replacement therapy? Are there significant risks associated with such therapy?

Your HIV doc is the best person to try and address what can be done to boost your CD4 count. A below normal testosterone level in an HIV + male with fatigue often warrants a trial of testosterone replacement. It usually takes just 2-3 months to observe whether a benefit is experienced by the patient. I watch for signs of prostate problems, liver problems, and lipid problems--most patients do fine over the first several years. KH

Is Testosterone Therapy Forever?
Regaining fat in the wrong places