Have you ever seen...

Have you ever seen a fixed-drug eruption in the context of HAART alone? After six weeks of Trizivir alone, great virologic response (undetectable) -- but an AWFUL reaction to, I think, anti-inflammatories. The pain is unbelievable, but the symptoms seem to be going away now that I'm not downing ibuprofen all day long. Is it usual for + people to have more hypersensitivity reactions? Anything other than stopping ibuprofen and LidaMantle that I can try to heal more quickly?

Response from Dr. Boyle

You may be describing the hypersensitivity reaction associated with abacavir (Ziagen) which is a part of Trizivir. This reaction occurs in about 5-8% of the patients who take that drug. It usually resolves within weeks after stopping the drug, but if you are having significant problems - and it sounds like you are - you should contact your doctor and be evaluated.

treatment at seroconversion
Sustiva Rash