interupted sleep

Dear Expert, I was hospitalised in 2001 with PCP and thought the world had ended. But here I am two and half years later working full time in very good health with a normal life, I put this down to adhereing to the drug schedule,having a healthy life style and a positive outlook on life. Since the PCP I have been taking Combivir&Efavirenze and have suffered no major side effects, however I have consistently had problems with sleep, usually waking 4-5 hours after taking efavirenz, for somebody that has always slept well this is irritating. Its not a major problem but is it drug related?

Sleep disturbances are not uncommon with Sustiva. Some persons do better when the timing of the Sustiva dose is switch ed to the morning. For others use of something like trazadone (I have best results with that) or amitryptiline is safe and effective. If the problem persists and is viewed by the patient as bothersome then switching the Sustiva to another drug (often nevirapine or a PI such as atazanavir) is another option. KH

Side-Effects Of HAART
treatment at seroconversion