high red blood count and blood clots with reyataz

Hi Doctor, I have been on zerit, viramune, reyataz, with norvir booster since Sept of this year. Last week I developed servere stomach pains and spasms, the worst pain in my life. I went to the emergency room and they told me I was making to much red blood cells. They took off five pints of of blood and I was in intensive care for two days. I did pass two clots threw my kidneys with not damage, and thank God no other clots were apparent. They now have me on coumadin, buy the oncologists was sure this was all brought on by medications. They are going to keep me on the coumadin for a couple of months just to make sure there is no more clotting. I have taken zerit for years, the viramune, reyataz and norvir are new to me. I have a friend who is also taking reyataz and he had the same thing happen to him, although he actually had a heart attack. Have you heard of any problems with this drug? I know it's new, but I would appreciate any information you may have. I'm not sure where we will go from here with a new regiment. Thanks for your time, Jim

Response from Dr. Boyle

The problems you are describing have not been previously reported regarding or attributed to Reyataz. While they are unlikely to be related to Reyataz, you should urge your doctor to report them to the drug registry at the FDA.

achieving erections while lowering viral load...
hyperpigmentation question