achieving erections while lowering viral load...

I recently started on my first combo of sustiva,viread & epivir. I want to avoid taking anything that will interefere with getting the best results from this combo. Will taking viagra or cialis on occasion cause any trouble in my results from my meds? I have some trouble with erections but at the same time I want to lower my viral load and raise my cd4 without interferance!

Response from Dr. Boyle

It is unlikely that Viagra or Cialis will affect your antirtroviral levels, but Sustiva may affect Viagra and Cialis levels since it revs up CYP3A4, the enzyme that metabolizes both. Therefore, you may find that the doses that used to work for you no longer do, and, if so, you should discuss this with your doctor.

Therapy without a Protease Inhibitor
high red blood count and blood clots with reyataz