restated ? 1 >1000

Dr. Henry.

Thank you for the timely response. I perhaps did not state it properly.

In your experience (pratice & many conferences you have participated in) have any of them developed severe painful PN all over body, feet, quads, butt, trunk, hands legs, arms, sometime top of eyelids, around lips, 3-4 months AFTER infection. No meds ever have been taken.

I have read that PN is generally associated with late stage HIV illness or the result of meds.

Please, please advise.

Response from Dr. Conway

I can't actually recall such a presentation, and would actually consider a number of tests to understand the meaning of these symptoms. Theoretically, it could be caused by a specific neurotropic strain of the virus, but this would be quite unusual.

side effects of hiv meds
what meds are right for me?