|restated ? 1 >1000
Dec 12, 2003
Thank you for the timely response. I perhaps did not state it properly.
In your experience (pratice & many conferences you have participated in) have any of them developed severe painful PN all over body, feet, quads, butt, trunk, hands legs, arms, sometime top of eyelids, around lips, 3-4 months AFTER infection. No meds ever have been taken.
I have read that PN is generally associated with late stage HIV illness or the result of meds.
Please, please advise.
Response from Dr. Conway
I can't actually recall such a presentation, and would actually consider a number of tests to understand the meaning of these symptoms. Theoretically, it could be caused by a specific neurotropic strain of the virus, but this would be quite unusual.
side effects of hiv meds
what meds are right for me?
- What Are The Odds Of Contracting Genital Herpes After Sleeping With Someone Who Has It But Not An Outbreak?
- What Are My Chances Of Getting Chlamydia From Someone Who Already Has It?
- What Antibiotics Can Help Treat Chlamydia?
- What To Do If Treatment Did Not Work For Gonorrhea Or Chlamydia?
- Time It Takes To Get Genital Warts After Exposure
- What Is The Typical Incubation Period For Gonorrhea?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.