side effects of hiv meds

I am currently on Sustiva, Viread, Epivir and I find that when I don't eat before taking these medications I feel dizzy, like I have to throw up, nauseous, down right horrible. I find that when I eat before taking these meds the side effects are not that bad except for the fact that I have this horrible, horrible taste in my mouth and it doesn't go away. I have been on the meds for about a month now and things are getting a little better but I cant get rid of the awful taste in my mouth and I try to eat to get rid of it and all that is doing is making me fat. Please what can I take to get rid of this taste. Thanks in advance.

Response from Dr. Conway

Taste abnormalities are frequently associated with HIV medications, mostly protease inhibitors (especially ritonavir) and most nucleoside analogues.

There is no easy answer, except for experimenting with various strategies to improve the taste (having something sweet...but lo-calorie!!! after the medications). Try a number of things, be imaginative, and let me know how it goes...

VIDEX EC
restated ? 1 >1000