side effects of hiv meds

I am currently on Sustiva, Viread, Epivir and I find that when I dont eat before taking these medications I feel dizzy, like I have to throw up, nausious, down right horrible. I find that when I eat before taking these meds the side effects are not that bad except for the fact that I have this horrible, horrible taste in my mouth and it doesnt go away. I have been on the meds for about a month now and things are getting a little better but I cant get rid of the awful taste in my mouth and I try to eat to get rid of it and all that is doing is making me fat. Please what can I take to get rid of this taste. Thanks in advance

I assume you have good dental health with no active oral problems?? Bad tast in the mouth is not a common problem with your particular combination (occurs < 5% of the time). Usually GI problems with new HIV meds settle down after several months. If your problems persist then you may want to discuss with your HIV doc whether switching to different meds (often one at a time) could be an option to see if one of your meds is the offending agent. A common switch is Viramune for Sustiva.

KH

Follow up >1000
consent