Side Effects of Testosterone Treatment

Hello. I'm HIV+ now for 15 years and have 800 t-cells and undetectable viral load. I have been on the same drugs now for the past 8 years (Delavirdine and Combivir). I'm still amazed that these drugs have worked so well for so long.

About 6 months ago, I was diagnosed with Hypogonadism and started bi-weekly injections. I've noticed that my legs progressively appear more defined and veiny although I'm not working out. Someone asked me the other day if I was working out--which I'm not. I'd rather stick needles in my eyes. But I'm wondering if this is a side-effect of replacement therapy, and if so, is it anything to be concerned about.

Thanks

Mr. America

tough to say. I usually replace testosterone with a more physiological approach (daily treatment with a topical). I am unaware that lipoatrophy of the legs is due to testosterone replacement since it can occur with your HIV treatment (thought your meds are probably relatively fate friendly compared to many other possible regimens). KH

Is there hope for Gasto Problems?
Follow up >1000