Is there hope for Gasto Problems?

I recently started (12/1/03)on Viread, Emtriva and Sustiva, with a chaser of Acyclovir (800mg a day)and Bactrim. Was also on some MAC drugs that I've since put on hold. Do a combo of or any of these alone cause severe gastro problems? And is there something out there to fight the Gastro problems? I want to be able to go out in public again!! I've gotten to the point of not being able to eat, (had just restarted to regain a 30 lb weight drop) But this constant stomach ache and gas have put me in 24 hour misery. I also just got wiened off 4 months of Paxil, which didn't do a thing for me but make me fuzzy headed and insomnia.

Guess I'm just looking for 'is there hope for this gastro problem' or help!!

I've also been taking Megestrol for about 5 months now too.

Dr. is on vacation again and don't know if I can handle another week of this.

A week of GI problems is pretty common when starting the meds you are now on. Many other HIV meds could be even worse (great huh!). I tell my patients that the first couple of weeks can be rough as your body adjusts to all of those new chemicals. On paper anyway your HIV regimen should be fairly HIV friendly. Ongoing side effects from treatment (> 4 weeks) is reason to try something else. I would counsel some patients and talk to your docs's nurse of some help with your particular GI problems. KH

side effects and curiousity...
Side Effects of Testosterone Treatment