EFV/FTC/TFV bone pain

I've been on this combination for 4 weeks and have had very achy pains in my chest (it feels like I've been kicked in the chest) in my lower back and in my right shoulder. I also get a fever that tops out around 101.5 but the pain and fever can be controlled with ibuprofren. HOwever, I've been on 3200 mg a day since the week I started this combo. Could it be something else going on. I don't have any other real side-effects from the EFV (dreams, etc.) so I'm wondering which drug(s) could be causing it.

Response from Dr. Conway

There is no clear report of bone pains with either Emtriva or Sustiva, mostly muscle and joint pains.

However, in some of the Viread studies, there were reports of loss of bone mass that was associated with the drug, so I would look there as a cause among your drugs. There are some blood tests, such as bone-associated alkaline phosphatase that can be done to begin to look into this, and to help figure out if the pain is indeed coming from your bones.

I hope this helps.

Avandia
the meds