|ive just noticed groves on my fingernails vertical
Nov 30, 2003
hi is it normal to have vertical lines grooves on ur fingernails?is it my meds?diet?im on sustva,viread and epivar low dose.thanks they werent there before meds...
Response from Dr. Henry
Many people without HIV have some vertical lines on their fingernails. Some HIV meds can cause fingernail abnormalities (most common = indinavir and AZT). NRTIs are occasionally associated with finger nail grooves-often a cosmetic issue without other sequelae. KH
I found help for gas/diarrhea
- Difference Between Active And Inactive Hepatitis C
- Can Hepatitis C Spread Through Sharing Makeup?
- How Soon After Having Unprotected Sex Can You Get An Hiv Test?
- Treatment For Neuropathy In Arms And Hands And Legs And Feet
- Can You Test Negative And Still Have Hiv?
- Bladder Infection And Hiv
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.