splenomegaly

I have an extremely enlarged spleen, the size of a football. My doctor and a surgeon are recommending I have it removed. I am HIV+ and have no other opportunistic infections. I have an appointment tomorrow to see a N.M.D. and the surgery is scheduled for November 3rd. I was wondering if you might be able to recommend any types of alternative treatments I might try in the meantime. Example, bathing in aromatherapy oils or herbal baths or any particular herbal tea I might drink. Also, would you recommend any castor oil packs. My doctor said this condition is not due to my meds and my CD4 count is 158.

Thank you,

Sincerely, Cynthia

I don't know of any alternative meds that would help hypersplenism. You should considered getting thoroughly vaccinated prior to the splenectomy. Also-CD4 T-cells counts are very hard to interpret after a splenectomy. KH

allergy
gentle deodorants