Help for HIV positive African Woman

I have a sister in Africa (Tanzania) who was diagonized with HIV in August 2003. The tools they use do not do any CD4 cell count except they just said the vl was high. In Tanzania there virtually no treatment and no doctors to help. 1. I am wondering what is the best way of helping her? 2. Is there any medicine which has low/no side effect which I send her her to help with treatment even though she may not have a regular doctor to monitor her health? 3. How can I find medication? I leave and work in MN USA and my sister is in Tanzania.

It is probably too expensive to purchase drug at US prices in the US. I would try to find somewhere in Africa where generic drug can be purchased (recommended regimen that may be available might be AZT + 3TC + nevirapine or efavirenz)for prices as low as $1.00/day. I would ask some of the African agencies in MN if any have any links with reliable sites in African where $$ can be sent for purchase of HIV drugs. She may want to try and identify the major HIV clinics in Tanzania and try to go to one of them to put her name on a list for studies or drugs. KH

Reyataz, Xanax dangerous combination?
Pheochromocytoma symptoms and antivirals