HGH Dosage

Can you tell me what is the correct dosage of HGH for people with HIV. I was told 18 IU a day (that sounds high) I am 40 years old, poz for 12 years, healthy and currently taking trizavir and viramune. Viral undetectable and t-cells average 600. Is it safe to purchase HGH on the internet? and what brand is best, also, where can it be purchased at it's lowest price.

Response from Dr. Conway

My personal opinion is that I would not recommend purchasing something like growth hormone on the internet unless you had a specific, independent, verifiable means of assessing the purity and strength of what is being purchased.

As far as a dose goes, it depends on the indication. Using the Serostim preparation, the doses for which an effect is well doucmented are anywhere fron 3 mg evry two days to 6 mg/day (as a subcutaneou injection) for wasting and as low as 1 mg/day for lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy. This latter indication is much less well studied.

Contrary to some of the things I have read, you do NOT have to discard the unused part of a vial as long as it was reconstituted with sterile diluent.

Holiday over?
hepatitis C and ITP : co-relationship and co-treatment