Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Managing Side Effects of HIV TreatmentManaging Side Effects of HIV Treatment

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

HGH Dosage
Nov 17, 2003

Can you tell me what is the correct dosage of HGH for people with HIV. I was told 18 IU a day (that sounds high) I am 40 years old, poz for 12 years, healthy and currently taking trizavir and viramune. Viral undetectable and t-cells average 600. Is it safe to purchase HGH on the internet? and what brand is best, also, where can it be purchased at it's lowest price.

Response from Dr. Conway

My personal opinion is that I would not recommend purchasing something like growth hormone on the internet unless you had a specific, independent, verifiable means of assessing the purity and strength of what is being purchased.

As far as a dose goes, it depends on the indication. Using the Serostim preparation, the doses for which an effect is well doucmented are anywhere fron 3 mg evry two days to 6 mg/day (as a subcutaneou injection) for wasting and as low as 1 mg/day for lipodystrophy/lipoatrophy. This latter indication is much less well studied.

Contrary to some of the things I have read, you do NOT have to discard the unused part of a vial as long as it was reconstituted with sterile diluent.

Previous
Holiday over?
Next
hepatitis C and ITP : co-relationship and co-treatment

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.