Is my Doctor handling this right??

I am currently taking Sustiva, Kaletra and Viread and for the last past year my triglycerides have been rasing. They are presently at 1200 and have been hold at the number for almost 6 months. My doctor put me on Lopid which didn't agree with and was making me feel ill and was losing my appetite. So my Doctor said i can stop taking the Lopid and not worry about taking anything. Is that right? Should I be doing something about my high triglycerides?

1200 is fairly high though many patients do seem to tolerate that. The approach to lipid management would also depend on your other lipid levels (LDL, HDL) and other risk factors for coronary heart disease. Exercise, diet and other treatments like niacin are useful to reduce the triglyceride levels in some patients. Switching your HIV meds around to perhaps more fat friendly meds (such as boosted atazanavir for Kaletra or nevirapine for Sustiva) is another option to discuss depending on your past treatment history and drug tolerabily considerations. KH

sustiva/fat content
Holiday over?