incontinence and treatment

I began first line of treatment 7 weeks ago. Kaletra, Viread and Emtriva. My lowest vl was 250 and tcells 205,000. I was neg March 2002 back to 1986, pos March 2003.

Five weeks after beginning treatment I was fine--no diarrhea to speak of. I was tired, however. Then in the sixth week I began having diarrhea. It has continued into this seventh week. Today I lost control of my bowels!! Is this pattern suggestive of side effects to kaletra ? Should I be looking at other causes? I am worried now how can I work like this?

A small subset of patients have a real difficult time with Kaletra (often due to the ritonavir). Other GI infections can trigger diarrhea so an evaluation of your stool and exposure history is something to consider. Most patients with simply Kaletra related diarrhea experience it early so your scenario is somewhat atypical for that and would prompt an evaluation for other possible causes before blaming the Kaletra and switching to another med. KH

skin pain
sustiva/fat content