Viral Load

Thank you for the quick response to my neuropathy question. I would like to ask this; you mention that neuropathy is usually a response to a higher viral load. Now if you you start to experience neuropathy approx: 31/2 month after exact exposure shouldn't any "healthy" person produce enough antibodies by the latest, 8th or 12th week test? due to the higher viral load. Simply because of a faster recognition/response by the immune system. One last question which may help some people is: How many people have you seen take tests up to 3 months with an negative outcome, then test after 3 months (between 3 and 6) only to have a positve test. This relates to the antibody tests. Hopefully you can answer this last question based on your personal experience. Thank You

Response from Dr. Bartlett

It is unusual for persons to seroconvert between 3 and 6 months, and personally I have never seen it happen. However, it remains a recommendation to have follow-up HIV testing through 6 months and I suggest utilizing this conservative advice.

weakness in legs
Rashes Associated with HIV