Burnt skin ?

Is periheral Neuropathy generally and acute symptom of HIV infection? I have (symptoms come and go during day) hand tingling,numb hands...burning calves, thighs, forearms, tingling on stomach, back, shoulders; I had burning sensations all over my body for the last two months...pcp did everthing he could, gave me neurontin and sent me to a neurologist...who is doing all the tests and asked me if I had HIV/AIDS. HELP I AM PETRIFIED

Response from Dr. Conway

In the setting of HIV infcetion, the type of symptoms you describe are usually seen as a side effect of the medications used to treat HIV. In a small number of cases, neurologic symptoms are seen in people who have just become infected with HIV, but this is rarely (if ever) the only symptom.

All of this being said, if you think you have recently been exposed to HIV, it would be important that you discuss this with your doctor so that appropriate tests can be done to make sure that this is not the case.

Arthritis or Worse?
Still have KS on HAART