sexual dysfunction

Dear Doctor: Since beginning a cocktail of kaletra, amprenivir, epivir that is combined with viread, I have not been able to stimulate any kind of erection. I'm cognizant that the meds have this kind of effect, but what exactly has happened to me? My physician explains that it is directly involved with the intake of the aforementioned drugs. I have tried both viagra and levitra, only to dismiss their use because of profound headaches and sinus problems. What causes this inability to get erect? I realize it has something to do with the blood flow,but I would like this explained to me in layman's terms. Would it be propitious for me to see a urologist, or is this a waste of time? Are there any remedies to this problem that I might consider? In addition, I feel so emasculated that it has begun to effect me psychologically in a profound way. Thank you ever so much for any assistance.

Impotence due to your HIV meds directly is not very common so it is hard for me to explain why that is happening in laymen's terms. I assume you have had your testosterone levels checked and have no evidence of diabetes or neuropathy? Caverject is sometimes helpful in that setting as is yohimbine (less often). An evaluation by a urologist and or sex therapist/psychologist is often beneficial. KH

Plastic Surgery NIGHTMARE!!!
scuba diving and HAART