stop chemo becase of side effects?

i am positive found out one year ago on meds and chemo

tcell around 400 from low of 225 viral load undetectable chemo for ks

lately after 6 months chemo having reactions such as swollen ankles ,blood in mouth in a.m. after sleeping during the p.m. ks not spreading and slowly repeat slowly fading.

doctor suggests stopping chemo (doxil) because he feeels that cocktail is probably doing same work as chemo w/ regard to non-spreading. and no ks internally.

i would love to stop the chemo however i don't want to screw up any of the progress i've attained. any thoughts?

Response from Dr. Boyle

Studies presented at the recent 8th Conference on Retroviruses and Opportunistic Infections indicates that a reconstituted immune system can help control HHV-8 and KS, and that has been my experience as well. In fact, I have several patients who had pulmonary KS that has been stable for years with out chemotherapy. While there are a lot of factors to consider in your case, I would tend to agree with your doctor, but if the KS showed any sings of progression I would, of course, immediately restart chemotherapy. BB

Kaletra
METFORMIN