muscle weakness from combivar
Nov 4, 2003
my husband got stuck with a needle and was put on combivar would that make his muscles weak to the point of getting a hernia from lifting
Response from Dr. Henry
A short course of Combivir would be unlikely to result in weak muscles/hernia. AZT can cause a myopathy but from the details you provide I doubt there is a direct effect of the HIV drugs. Many patients might get general complaints such as a stomach ache and fatigue during the first month on Combivir but muscule weakness/hernia would not be expected. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Groin Pain After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Oral Ulcers After Fingering Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Testicles After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- White Bumps After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Have Smooth Vaginal Bumps But Not An Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.