just got infected {india}

hi

i just turned positive on oct 24 to be precise!!!!!!! kindly advice what therapy should i take!

19 yrs old kid from india

Response from Dr. Conway

I am sorry to hear about your new diagnosis. You should know that, in this day and age, it may not be necessary for you to receive treatment immediately. This depends on the state of your immune system, a measure of how much damage the virus has done to your body's defense system. Your doctor can tell you all about this.

Otherwise, I am not certain if you have access to the treatments if you need them. If this is the case, it is quite possible that you will never develop AIDS, and that your disease will come under control indefinitely.

Most importantly, you need to talk about how you feel about your diagnosis and what you plan to do with a trusted friend, partner or spouse. This can be a very stressful and difficult time, and it is hard to deal with this alone. I very much hope that you have such a person available to you.

Good Luck...

timing of drugs
Weight Gain & Effectiveness of Meds