Oct 26, 2003
Is Herpes related to HIV/AIDS?
| Response from Dr. Boyle
Depends on what you mean by related. They're both viruses although from very different families- and HIV/AIDS may lead to an increased frequency or severity of herpes infections, especially with advanced immunosuppression.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Precum Touching Vagina Risks
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Rimming
- Risk Of HIV Transmission From Sharing Dildos
- Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation How Long Does It Take To Test Positive For AIDS
- Is Tingling In Feet A Symptom Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Is Vomiting An Early Sign Of HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.