Meds Nightmare

Dr Boyle, I am the 41 year old bleeder that wrote the "Med Nightmare" letter about my HIV meds and Methadone for chronic pain control. Thank you so very much for your help. I printed both my letter and your response, and went and spoke with my Hemo Doctor. He was glad I was able to find an answer and a suggestion to my problem. He was deeply worried I was going to quit the HIV drugs. My doctor was happy to increase my Methadone to stop the withdrawals. I am so happy that I am starting to feel "human" again, and my pain is still in control. Quaility of life has been wonderful, and to make things even better, my first blood workup after 90 days of being on the HIV drugs showed undedectable viral load, and my CD-4 count had doubled to 216, the highest since 1997. For the first time in 18 years, I am looking forward to my wife retiring from work, and her and I following our dreams of traveling around the country side enjoying our lives together.

Thank you and God Bless.. Jim

Response from Dr. Boyle

Thanks for your message. I'm happy that I was able to be of some help. Congratulations on your success with the therapy and keep up the good work!

Diabetes progressing??
Sustiva side effects