help for fuzeon swellings?

I have been on Fuzeon for a month. For the first two weeks I did not get injection site reactions at all, but now I get them. They are red and itch like much-scratched mosquito bites, but don't hurt. I use Benadryl for the itching, the red patches (2 to 3 inches in diameter) I can handle--but the swellings are so large, larger than the red patches, up to the diameter of an orange. They last a few days so I tend to have a number of these swellings at once. I like this medication so far, compared to others, but what is the best way patients have found to reduce these swellings? Ice, massage, something else? Thank you for any ideas.

Response from Dr. Conway

I'm afraid I will not have any unique or bright ideas for you. On the one hand, I can tell you that this is probably as bad as it will get. Some people get much worse swelling that this, but if it were going to happen for you, it would have happened by now.

I would make sure that none of these "reactions" are infected and require antibiotic treatment.

The benadryl (taken regularly, not just when the symptoms flare up) will prevent the immediate swelling part. Afterwards, ice will help relive the symptoms. Massage will not help.

I would be interested if anyone else has any bright ideas.

For now, I will wish you good luck in dealing with this troublesome issue.

Kaletra side effects
moving to diabetes after 10 years of meds thanks