Is hearing loss due to parotid swelling?
Oct 22, 2003
I have been experiencing hearing loss for a couple of years now. Sometimes it sounds like I'm under water. Other times, if I turn my neck or hold my head a certain way, I can hear my heart pumping. Would this have anything to do with my swollen parotid glands?
Response from Dr. Henry
The auditory nerve is located more internal within the skull so parotid enlargement per se (a not uncommon problem in HIV+ persons) usually doesn't impact hearing. I get help from my ENT colleagues for both the parotid and hearing issues. KH
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Sore On Tongue After Cunilingus Worried I Have HIV
- Sore Throat After Kissing Stripper Worried I Have HIV
- Swollen Glands After Swallowing Cum Worried I Have HIV
- Can Blood Work Tell If Had Hep B Vaccine?
- Can You Get Genital Warts Just From Touching?
- How Long After Unprotected Sex Does It Take To Know You May Have A Std?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.