Lactic Acidosis Recovery/Treatments

I was recently taken off my meds regimen of (DDI, Invarase, Norvir, Ziagen) for a condition that recently developed which resembled Lactic Acidosis. My lactic acid level was at (25) and all the basic symptoms were present (fatigue, nuasea/dizziness, no appetite, lost 30 lbs, diarhea). I was reading about an intravenuse saline solution/vitamin cocktail that had been used as treatment in the year 2000 which reflected good results. The cocktail included Vitamins B1, B2, Niacin, Pantothenic acid, L-Carnatine. I was wondering if there is any more recent information available on this treatment? Is it a good idea? Can it do any harm? And whom would I seek out for such a procedure?

There are a few published reports from the US and Europe describing the use of a cocktail like you describe in the setting of life-threatening lactic acidosis. Usually stopping the offending agents, good fluid support, and time will result in improvement. It can take several months for the abnormalities to resolve. It is not a proven fact that use of a vitamin cocktail can speed up the process but I think it is worth trying in many cases. An HIV specialist usually is familiar with the problem of lactic acidosis and is the best doc to consider your situation and make a thoughtful recommendation. KH

running out of choices
Light sensitivity