androgel or injectable testosterone, which works better?

I am on testosterone replacement thereapy, my doctor put me on Androgel 1 which I am to use once a day and delivers 5 grams of testosterone a day, my question is this...is androgel as good or better than the injectable testosterone or vice versa? Which actually works better? And can it help me anabolically as I have lost some wieght due to wasting? (I am doing wieght training) Is it safe to be on testosterone replacement therapy with either the injectable or the gel indefinately without worrying about adverse long term effects such as cancers and other stuff? And is replacing the amount of testosterone just to get the level back up to normal actually enough for hiv patients? I had heard we need a bit more than normal levels. your expert advice would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks

Steady state testosterone replacement is generally preferred over intermittent IM dosing (which gives high levels for a while and then low levels before next dose). I usually aim for mid-to-> mid range testesterone levels in patients who have some symptoms attributable to low testosterone levels. Hormone replacement therapy for men is in its infancy, For women, there is a huge amount of data yet controversy still exists. I watch liver function and check the prostate at the start of therapy and over time as a precaution. KH

Endocarditis for Years ??
Effectiveness of Juven