Endocarditis for Years ??

Hello. I am just wondering if one can have endocarditis or pericarditis and still get through daily living for several years. I am positive 7 years presently Viread,Zerit (all seven for Zerit) and Ziagen. Never had any real problems except for the lousy feeling brought on by the medication. VL <400, Ts 400 give or take. But the pain in my chest (which actually feels more like it involves ribs and or muscles) was once diagnosed as costochondritis and I was given a formulation cream and low dose Methadone ( glad I got off that stuff!!) . But this pain has been with me on and off for years ??? No fever, breathing fine ( get winded when I exert ( do not exercise ). I am 47 year old male no drugs, no smoke, no alcohol. So again can either of the two above mentioned conditions be mild in that you feel the discomfort but not to the point of hospitalization and have this for years or since it is an infection it would simply get worse the fluid would build up and the pain would become increasingly severe? Could Zerit also be implicated ??

Have asked my Doctor but unfortunately he is young and admits to learning as he goes. His biggest concern are "Them Numbers" ... good numbers, you are good (regardless of other physical complaints (never suggested a PSA etc.. none of the normal stuff a healthy individual would be suggested). But that is a whole other situation.

If you can help I would be appreciative..

Allan

I have few patients on your particular combination due to concern about potency and long-term safety (lactic acidosis, neuropathy, pancreatitis, risk for resistance). If you are concerned about your heart an echocardiogram would evaluate the heart valves and size/function and an EKG could look at the electrical function. An evaluation by a cardiologist for heart complaints or a rheumatologist for costocondritis would be something I might consider. Feeling good is also very important. KH

Follow Up on Side effects
androgel or injectable testosterone, which works better?