Is it the Reyataz or the Combivir ?

Hello Doctors, Thank you for taking the time to answer my question, I really appreciate this forum. After a 12 month Doctor-approved drug holiday, I am back on meds (Reyataz and Combivir). After 3 weeks on this combo, cd4's went from 450 to 690, vl went from 175k to 950. However I feel tired and dizzy all the time. I was wondering if this could be from the AZT and if so can I switch to something else with the Reyataz? Just want to feel somewhat healthy and have a better quality of life. Thanks again :)

Response from Dr. Conway

Thanks for your kind comments about the site.

I am pleased that your treatment is working so fast. It would be unrealistic for your viral load to be undetectable this quickly...You have dropped almost THREE logs of virus over three weeks. Well done.

The types of non-specific symptoms you describe are not uncommon with AZT. As long as you are not significantly anemic (this should be checked), it may well be that the side effects will improve in the coming weeks. It may be worth trying to wait it out.

But...if you feel so bad such that you cannot take another day of this, you should discuss options with your doc.

Good Luck.

Laser eye surgery
Discolored Ejaculate