|Food Restrictions for Viread
Oct 7, 2003
In your answer to a question about Viramune side effects (Oct 3, 2003), you indicated that the combination of Viramune/Viread/Epivir was a regimen with no food restrictions. I am currently taking Viread and Combivir. My directions for taking Viread are that it should be taken with food, preferably a meal that contains some fat. Has there been a change in food restrictions for Viread?
| Response from Dr. Conway
Yes, there has been a new revision to the package insert. There is no longer a food restriction (one way or another) associated with Viread. It can be taken with or without food.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- What Restrictions Do You Have When You Have Herpes?
- Loose Stool After Unprotected Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Painful Red Spots After Anal Fingering Worried I Have HIV
- Red Eyes After Handjob Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling In Fingers After Vaginal Sex Without Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can You Get Genital Warts In Your Mouth?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.