Neuropathy in my feet

Hello For many years I have had some significant neuropathy in my feet. My Doc and I have tried to eliminate the "D" drugs in an effort to stop this. I am still on a low dose of ddI, as this seems to be one drug that I have some sensitivity to. I have taken neurontin for some time. I am taking 900 mg a day. He recently told me to double this and we will see if the situation gets any better. My question is this: he also told me to pick up some Zostrix cream and to try that as well. Do you know if that is effective?

Thanks

PS. Also, if you have any other suggestions for me I would appreciate it.

Response from Dr. Conway

Zostrix has limited benefit in this setting.

The Neurontin can be pushed to doses as high as 1500 mg tid, so you have quite a ways to go.

Also, have you tried some antidepressants such as amitryptiline? They seem to be helpful in this setting, in addition to being a good sleep aid. This can be used in combination with Neurontin.

Sustiva rash that wont quit...
pml questions