Hamstring soreness and tightness a side effect?

I was taking zerit, epivir and viramune, and have since gone on a drug holiday under the care of my doctor. I was on that regimen since 1997. About six months ago I started to experience soreness in my hamstrings and a tightness which makes it hard to stretch. Has anyone ever heard of anything like this as being a side effect from one of those medications? Is it possible I've just lost so much mass in my butt that I'm just suffering from sitting. Any ideas?

That complaint is not uncommon in the general population so it is often hard to pin down either a drug or a drug holiday as the culprit. HIV rebound off therapy can aggravate some neurologic conditions while staying on drugs which can cause neuropathy, fat loss, or muscle problems can also result in problems. Often a consultation with an interested neurologist or rheumatolgist is helpful for me to sort that out. KH

Constipation
PN man can't jump