RE: PCR & PEP

Justlearning that AFTER I complete my PEP treatment I am going to have to wait another 28 days for PCR and 13 weeks for elisa to confirm my status, also at 6 months. I find myself just wanting to stop all these meds now, so I can learn more quickly. I seem to have gotten myself into quite a depressive spiral. Weird how I can get so depressed since I am not that way normally. My Dr. wants to do a PCR at the end of my PEP next week. I take it from your message it is pointless?

It is highly unlikely that you were infected even without the PEP. PEP would be expected to decrease the HIV level in the event of an actual infection so I ordinarily would get a PCR test a month or so after stopping the PEP to obtain reassurance of a negative status at a reasonable interval.

for wasting
Strange Pussy Pimples