FEVERS

MY HUSBAND EXPERIENCES NIGHT SWEATS AND SWEATS THROUGH OUT THE DAY SOMETIMES. TEMPS RANGE FORM 100.7 TO 101 DEGREES. SOMETIMES AT NIGHT HE SWEATS THROUGH THE SHEETS. CAN YOU GIVE ME AN IDEA WHAT MAY BE CAUSING THIS? HE HAS BEEN POSITIVE FOR ABOUT 5 YRS NOW.

Fever in the setting of AIDS should launch a search for an infection. Depending on the CD4 count and/or the location (which country) the possibilities can be narrowed down. In many areas of the workd TB and /or malaria would be on the top of my list. If other symptoms are present that might point to which organ system is involved. In the US PCP or MAI would be common causes of fever in an AIDS patient. I would see an infectious disease specialist or someone with HIV experience to consider diagnostic and treatment options that are available. KH

My improved immune system is running amok
Lipoatrophy treatment using liquid silicone and the microdroplet technique